This beautiful cake was finished, literally minutes after I took these pictures ❤️
It has just the right amount of textures, with the flaky almond crust, the chewy caramel taffy, the crunchy hazelnuts, and the creamy chocolate ganache. Every bite is perfection
The crust is based on almond flour so it is completely gluten-free.
An impressive and incredibly delicious desert for any occasion.
Hazelnuts have a great nutrient profile. Although they are high in calories, they are loaded with nutrients and healthy fats .Hazelnuts are a rich source of vitamins and minerals like vitamin E, manganese and copper. They also provide a high content of omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids. Chocolate
I can write so many good things about dark chocolate, my personal opinion is very clear if you already know me :) I love it.
Now, as objectively as I can, I will write a little bit of important info about this amazing material
So, chocolate is amazing! Just make sure to choose quality dark chocolate and eat it in moderation!
- It is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet
- 100 grams of Dark chocolate contains 11 grams of fiber
- Dark chocolate is rich in other nutrients, for example ,iron, magnesium, copper, and manganese
It has been proven that consuming quality dark chocolate is linked to a reduction of heart disease
Whenever I go into the kitchen, whether it is for cooking or baking, I need to have my music with me. I thought it would be nice to share with you the exact song that describes my feeling towards each recipe. That way you can have a similar experience while cooking...
This cake is so sweet and dreamy, that's why the only song that really fits is Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics
Prep time: 10 min.
Rest time (for the dough): 2 hrs.
Baking time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 12 min.
Servings: 1X 8 inch pie (12 slices)
- Gluten-free almond crust:
- In a small bowl, mix the flax and the water and let them sit for a couple of minutes , until they get thick.
- In a big mixing bowl or a stand in mixer with a guitar hook, place the flours , the salt, the almonds, the sugar.
- Add the flax eggs and the coconut oil and mix until crumbly.
- Add water as necessary. Add up to 6 tbsp of water until you get a smooth ball of dough.
- Wrap in plastic film and place in the fridge for 1-2 hrs.
- Place the dough in between two baking papers and roll to create a thin layer, Placing the dough is a little difficult but don't worry- You can also squeeze and shape the dough into the pre-oiled (with coconut oil) ring, using your hands instead of rolling it.
- Because the dough has no gluten or leavening agent , there is no risk of overworking the dough..
- Make sure to create an even layer of dough through out the ring and straighten the edges.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the dough comes out golden.
- Remove the the dough from the oven and let it cool down for about 10 minutes. after 10 minutes, use a small and sharp knife to remove the dough carefully from the ring, place on a cake cardboard or a flat plate.
- Leave the dough to cool down completely.
- Prepare the hazelnut caramel:
Heat the sugars, the maple, and the water in a thick-bottomed pan, the sugar will dissolve and start to get an amber color and a caramel-like smell.
- Add the cream in one quick pouring gesture and mix well straight away, the prevent the caramel from solidifying. (use a towel or a glove since there might be a lot of hot fumes from the pan).
- Add the vanilla and the cornstarch, mix well. as soon as the mixture start to thicken, add the hazelnuts and mix well. cook for 1-2 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Carefully and quickly, transfer the hazelnut caramel into the prepared crust. make sure the hazelnuts are spread evenly. place in the fridge.
- Let the filling cool down completely before decorating.
For the chocolate ganache: Heat the milk to a boil in a small saucepan or in the microwave.
- Place the dark chocolate in a heat resistant bowl and pour the boiled milk onto it. After 30 seconds, whisk well until smooth.
- Let the ganache cool down and thicken until comfortable to pipe.
- Pipe your desired decorations straight on your cooled down cake.
- I used a round piping tip and piped on a baking sheet that I then placed in the fridge.
- I removed the stable ganache drops with a small spatula and placed them on top of the cake for my desired decoration.
Check out these Passover Recipes:
Vegan Matzo Ball Soup
Vegan 'Gefilte Fish' for Passover Seder
Vegan Garlic Matzah Bruschetta for Passover Seder
Vegan Hard Boiled Eggs for Passover Seder
Mushroom and Chestnuts Pie for Passover Seder (Gluten-Free)
Classic and Quick Charoset for Passover Seder
Matzah, Chocolate, and Strawberries Layered Cake
Classic Matzah Brei (Matzah Pancake) for Passover
Go ahead, share your version with me, take a picture and tag @pwildflour
Let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments section :)