Vegan Caramel and Hazelnuts Tart for Passover with Dark Chocolate Ganache (Gluten-Free)
Passover is coming and with it all the traditional holiday food.
A beautiful and delicious dessert for Passover is always a challenge. I mean, you can always go with truffle, fudge or glass desserts, which are great. But I feel there is something more festive about a beautiful cake.
My favorite cake for Passover was always concord cake, based on eggs. Honestly the vegan meringue version is also pretty awesome but this year I mixed it up with this delicious gluten free hazelnuts and caramel treat.
I'll try to add the recipe for my vegan concord soon as well :)
Check out these Passover Recipes:
Hazelnuts have a great nutrient profile. Although they are high in calories, they are loaded with nutrients and healthy fats .Hazelnuts are a rich source of vitamins and minerals like vitamin E, manganese and copper. They also provide a high content of omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids.
I can write so many good things about dark chocolate, my personal opinion is very clear if you already know me :) I love it.
Now, as objectively as I can, I will write a little bit of important info about this amazing material
- It is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet
- 100 grams of Dark chocolate contains 11 grams of fiber
- Dark chocolate is rich in other nutrients, for example ,iron, magnesium, copper, and manganese
- It has been proven that consuming quality dark chocolate is linked to a reduction of heart disease
Whenever I go into the kitchen, whether it is for cooking or baking, I need to have my music with me. I thought it would be nice to share with you the exact song that describes my feeling towards each recipe. That way you can have a similar experience while cooking...
This cake is so sweet and dreamy, that's why the only song that really fits is Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics
Prep time: 10 min.
|Rest time (for the dough): 2 hrs.|
|Baking time: 20 min.||Cooking time: 12 min.|
|Difficulty: medium||Servings: 1X 8 inch pie (12 slices)|
Gluten-free almond crust:
Caramel and hazelnut filling:
Dark Chocolate ganache:
Have you already tried it?
Go ahead, share your version with me, take a picture and tag @pwildflour
AMAZON ASSOCIATES DISCLOSURE
Purplewildflour.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites
- almond, Best of vegan, Cake, Chocolate, Dinner, Gluten free, Holiday, holiday recipe, Jewish, Passover, pie, plant based, Protein, Seder, Tart, Vanilla, Vegan, Vegan cake, Vegan Desserts, vegan holiday, Vegan recipe, Vegan tart