How about this beautiful, and delicious, classy dish.
Beets - Beets are loaded with vitamins and minerals and low in calories and fat. They also contain inorganic nitrates and pigments, both of which have a number of health benefits. Also, beets are a good source of fiber, which is beneficial for digestive health. Tofu - Tofu is the most common source of protein in most vegan diets. Tofu is low in calories but high in protein and fat which make it a great substitute to use in main course dishes. It also contains many important vitamins and minerals, such as calcium, manganese, selenium and iron. Almond - Almonds are among the world’s best sources of vitamin E, they are also high in healthy monounsaturated fats, fiber, protein and other important nutrients.
This is sweet and tangy beets carpaccio, made from roasted beets seasoned with balsamic vinegar, fresh squeezed orange juice, maple, and pomegranate extract.
Topped with roasted sliced almonds, crispy tofu, green leaves baby salad, red orange slices, and vegan feta cheese crumbles.
How delicious does that sound??❤
This dish will class up any meal, it is so easy to prepare a head of time ( it actually tastes better when seasoned ahead of time)
Also very nutritious, simply perfect.
Whenever I go into the kitchen, whether it is for cooking or baking, I need to have my music with me. I thought it would be nice to share with you the exact song that describes my feeling towards each recipe. That way you can have a similar experience while cooking...
This recipe is colorful and fun, but also very classy and sophisticated. It is prefect for the song Linger by The Cranberries
Roasting time: 2-3 hrs.
Prep time: 10 min.
Resting time: 6-48 hrs.
Servings: 8 servings
- Heat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Wash the beets well and place on the baking trey. Roast for approx. 2 hours. The beets are ready when a knife goes in very very easily.
- Remove the beets from the oven and let them cool down completely.
- Peel the beets (you might want to wear gloves while working with the beets, to prevent your hand from turning purple).
- Using a sharp knife, slice the beets as thin and as even as you can and place the slices in a container.
Prepare the seasoning sauce: Place the vinegar, maple, olive oil, salt, pepper, and the pomegranate concentrate in a mixing bowl.
- Cut one of the oranges, squeeze one half of the 1 orange and add the orange juice to the bowl.
- Peel the rest of the of the oranges, cut to small pieces (take care for seeds), add to the container with the beets.
- Mix the seasoning well and pour on top of the beets and oranges.
- Transfer the beets with the sauce into a sealed container and let it rest for a minimum of 6 hours and up to 48 hours (The beets actually taste better when left to rest for a long time).
Roast the almonds: In a heated small pan, roast the slices for 5 minutes, mixing well to prevent burning. Remove the slices immediately when they turn gold.
- After the beets have rested and seasoned for a while, choose a flat plate for serving. Take out single slices of beet and place on the plate.
- Place a few oranges slices on top.
- Place the salad mix on top, sprinkle a little bit of the seasoning sauce on the salad.
- Crumble up the feta and add it to the plate along with the roasted sliced almonds.
Optional add a few crispy tofu chunks.
Go ahead, share your version with me, take a picture and tag @pwildflour
Let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments section :)