Vegan Soft Baked Peanut Butter Cookies
Soft Baked Peanut butter cookies - These are so so good! They are tiny bites of happiness.
My 3 year old asked me to buy peanut butter cookies when we were checking out at the store (the tots teasing isle ....).
I denied him the pleasure of the store bought cookies but promised I would gladly make him a batch at home.
And so... the soft baked peanut butter bites were born! ♥️ These are as simple as they are delicious.
I used spelt flour, coconut sugar, and quality peanut butter so I don't even feel guilty for treating my vegan tot.
Perfect for toddlers and adults alike, they are all made in one bowl and takes literally 20 minutes to prepare. The hard part is to wait until they cool down 💜
Spelt is a type of ancient, whole grain that is related to wheat. The nutrition value is very similar to that of common wheat, but there are still some differences. Spelt flour is more nutritious as it contains milled bran and the germ (except for the endosperm), and higher content of some minerals. Whole spelt is very high in fiber, protein and essential nutrients as iron or zinc. The carbs intake is also very high and should be considered when consuming any wheat products.
The paste made of crushed peanuts. The fat content of the nut is enough to make the crushed peanuts into a smooth creamy paste although most brands do use some kind of added oil and/or sugar. Make sure to buy the most natural peanut butter or make one at home yourself.
Peanut butter has an astounding 25% protein content which makes it into an excellent plant-based source for protein. Pure peanut butter is also agood source of healthy fats. Peanut butter is also high in biotin and vitamin B5, iron, potassium, zinc and selenium.
I can write so many good things about dark chocolate, my personal opinion is very clear if you already know me :) I love it.
Now, as objectively as I can, I will write a little bit of important info about this amazing material
- It is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet
- 100 grams of Dark chocolate contains 11 grams of fiber
- Dark chocolate is rich in other nutrients, for example ,iron, magnesium, copper, and manganese
- It has been proven that consuming quality dark chocolate is linked to a reduction of heart disease
Coconut sugar is the dehydrated sap of the coconut palm. It is very sweet and has a bit of a nutty aroma to it, it is not as processed as white sugar and therefore maintain a few of the coconut fruit's nutrients.
A few examples of these nutrients are the minerals iron, zinc, calcium and potassium, along with some antioxidants. Coconut sugar also contains a fiber called inulin, which slows glucose absorption and this is why some people with glycemic restrictions can eat it.
Whenever I go into the kitchen, whether it is for cooking or baking, I need to have my music with me. I thought it would be nice to share with you the exact song that describes my feeling towards each recipe. That way you can have a similar experience while cooking...
To celebrate the fact that this recipe was born as a result of a request for my son, I will choose a song that he loves. The Bear Necessities from The Jungle Book
Prep time: 10 min.
Baking time: 10 min.
|Difficulty: simple||Servings: 30 cookies|
1. Flour content - The pelt flour can easily be changed into most brands of flours. (all purpose, whole wheat, gluten-free blend) For a gluten-free option- substitute the spelt flour with a gluten-free flour blend:
2. The shape of the cookie is totally up to your choice, you can leave the cookie as a ball while baking or use one of my suggested methods of decorations. (instead of chocolate, you can try whole almonds, pecans, pure peanut butter.
3. For a kiss shaped chocolate, melt the chocolate in advance, pipe a chocolate kiss on top of the cookie after the cookie has cooled down completely.
Have you already tried it?
Go ahead, share your version with me, take a picture and tag @pwildflour
Let me know what you think of the recipe :)
AMAZON ASSOCIATES DISCLOSURE
Purplewildflour.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites
- Best of vegan, Chocolate, Coconut sugar, Cookie, Peanut butter, plant based, Protein, Vanilla, Vegan, Vegan Desserts, Vegan recipe