This has been a long time coming!
I love love love baked cheesecake, but I could never quite get the same texture, height and taste that I missed so much...
I didn't give up though, and the result is right in front of you! A tall, delicious and rich cheesecake, just as you remember it (even better if I may say so myself). If you are a cheesecake fan, you must try it.
are the most common nut used to make vegan cheese and it is very clear why. Cashews are low in sugar and rich in fiber, heart-healthy fats, and plant protein. They’re also a good source of copper, magnesium, and manganese — nutrients important for energy production, brain health, immunity, and bone health. They are very neutral in taste so you can make them into any flavor cheese you would likeYogurt
Vegan yogurts are usually made from soy, coconut, cashews, and almonds, it is a good source of plant-based protein. Most vegan yogurts also contains live active cultures. Strawberries
Strawberries are not as high in carbs as most people think, they have really high content of water and fiber along with some simple sugars. Strawberries are also a great source of Vitamin C, along with manganese, folate, and potassium. Some researchers believe that strawberries may decrease your risk of heart disease and cancer, as well as help regulate blood sugar.
Whenever I go in the kitchen, whether it is for cooking or baking, I need to have my music with me. I thought it would be nice to share with you the exact song that describes my feeling towards each recipe. That way you can have a similar experience while cooking...
This cake's recipe is as delicious as it is beautiful and colorful, this cake makes me think of She's a Rainbow by The Rolling Stones
Soaking time: 30 min.
Prep time: 15 min.
Baking time (Crispy Base): 20 min.
Baking time (Cake): 90 min.
Cooling time: 8 hrs.
Decoration: 10 min.
Servings: 1 tall 8" cake
- Soak the cashews in boiled water for 30 minutes.
Prepare the cake base: Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix all of the base ingredients in a bowl, I use my hands but you can use a mixer with the guitar head if you prefer.
- You will get even crumbles, spread them on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, stir the crumbles in the tray and place back in the oven for 10 more minutes. The crumbles will be ready when their color turn gold.
- Let the Crumbles cool down to room temperature and crush them.
Prepare the ring: Butter the pan with a thin layer, just to help the baking paper stick, cut a circle of baking paper in the size of the bottom of the pan and place it inside.
- Place a strip of baking paper to line the inside sides of the ring.
- Use aluminum foil to give it another layer of outside protection from the water while baking. Press the aluminum foil tightly from all sides of the ring.
- Mix 2 cups of prepared crumbles with melted vegan batter (half stick).
- Place the ring on a flat pan with high edges.
- Cover the bottom of the ring with an even layer of the crumbles and butter mixture.
Prepare the cheese cream: Place the drained soaked cashews in the food processor, add the cheese, the yogurt, the vanilla, maple, and lemon and blend well for at least 6 minutes until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to make sure all the cashews are mixed in (not on the bottom or sided of the processor).
- In a separate bawl mix the dry ingredients (cornstarch, instant pudding, and baking powder), sift them into the wet mixture and whisk well until combined and there are no lumps.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the base and even it out.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pour water on the outside of the cake (into the deep pan holding the cake), and place in the oven.
- You can add the water once the cake is already in the oven to prevent spillage. The water should be about half the Hight of the cake.
- Bake for 90 minutes, the cake will be ready once it is a little bit wobbly but mostly firm.
- Take the cake out of the oven, let it cool down a little, remove the water from the pan, cover and transfer to the fridge to cool down for a night or at least 8 hours.
Decorating: Mix the glaze ingredients and glaze the cake. Remove the ring and the baking paper carefully. Transfer the cake onto a cake board or a flat plate. Decorate with fresh strawberries and other berries.
Go ahead, share your version with me, take a picture and tag @pwildflour
Let me know what you think of the recipe :)