AMAZON ASSOCIATES DISCLOSURE
Dark Chocolate Cracked Cookies with Virgin Olive Oil
If you are following a balanced diet, you know that you need one cookie in each hand (Wonderful quote by Barbara Johnson).
To help you with your quest for balance, I wanted to share with you my new favorite cookie recipe. ♥️ These yummy bites are based on quality cocoa and virgin olive oil. The potent flavor of the virgin olive oil comes through with every bite and it is absolutely delicious.
They are truly addictive, I find myself eating way more than I should (who said anything about balance? )
The cookies have just the right texture- soft inside and crisp outside. Not to mention they are beautiful 💜
Whenever I go into the kitchen, whether it is for cooking or baking, I need to have my music with me. I thought it would be nice to share with you the exact song that describes my feeling towards each recipe. That way you can have a similar experience while cooking...
There's nothing more classic than chocolate cookies, this treat is loved by all. In this recipe, there's a small twist that the virgin olive oil adds. I felt like this change was fitting, Changes by David Bowie.
Prep time: 10 min
Baking time: 12 min
Servings: 36 Cookies
- 320 g all-purpose flour
- 300 g coconut sugar
- 80 g quality dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 105 ml water
- 180 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the sugar with the olive oil and water.
- Add vanilla, and salt. Whisk together until everything is blended together.
- Sift and mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour bowl. Mix with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Allow the mixture to cool down in the fridge and firm up.
- Using you hands, roll small sized balls (25 g each) and set them in the tray, leaving an inch apart between each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until the cookie is all cracked up.
Have you already tried it?
Go ahead, share your version with me, take a picture and tag @pwildflour
- Best of vegan, Brownie, Brownies, Chocolate, Coconut sugar, Cookie, Fudge, plant based, Vanilla, Vegan, Vegan Desserts, Vegan recipe